Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Book Club: My Side of the Mountain Scenario, part 11: The Final Project


  • Read My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George: Trouble Begins, I Pile up Wood and go on With Winter, I Learn About Birds and People, I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow, I Cooperate with the Ending and The City Comes To Me
  • Complete your final project. Complete any written work you have not finished. Include written work on the crash, the first night after the crash, the day (or several days) after the crash and your rescue. Your narrative essays should flow smoothly from one event to the next, thus telling your whole story.
Related Posts:
  • I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to reread this with my boys and consider making it a more hands-on learning experience. This is an awesome study that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful unit you have put together! Best believe that Our Side of the Mountain will be on our reading list. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is on ours too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.