Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Book Club: My Side of the Mountain, part 6: Learning About Your Team Members




  • Read My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George: What I did About the First Man who was After Me

  • My Side of the Mountain


  • Assess the strengths and weaknesses of each of your team members (John, Lisa, Sarah and yourself). What skills do they each have? You are the most able member of the team and so you must assign tasks, taking into account each person's strengths, weaknesses and skills.

  • Related Posts:
    • I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.

    2 comments:

    1. I think Lisa is the strong link, I have no clue really. I need to read the book, but haven't for some reason as of yet........

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, these are not characters from the book, just from the scenario. Lisa may be one of the strongest of the team members, but they all have strengths and weaknesses. This exercise is good for several reasons: the process of evaluating is one that they can also apply to characters in a book, but for this time, there is no right or wrong answers. It is just practice. It also helps them to write the scenes for their own books.

        Delete

    Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.