- Read My Side of the Mountian by Jean Craighead George: I Find Gribley's Farm.
Everyone has sustained at least one injury:
- The pilot is unconscious.
- John has a broken arm and dirt and debris in one eye
- Lisa battered and bruised. She is in the best shape of the group, but is scared of the dark, although she will not readily admit this..
- Sarah has a broken tooth, severe headache and a broken leg
- You have a deep cut on one of your lower legs.
Learning About First Aid
- Research what one can do in a first aid emergency. Sarah and John know these skills. Write a scene in which they explain what you have learned about first aid.
- My Side of the Mountain Scenario: Introduction and Part I: Setting the Scene
- My Side of the Mountain: Part 2: The Crash
- I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.