Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Secret Formula: Toothpaste



Their assignment was to make their own toothpaste. They were provided with these ingredients: calcium carbonate, a mixture of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part salt, glycerine and soap (Ivory Snow).They tested the ingredients for their texture, their ability to create suds and taste, and recorded the results on a scale from 1-5 (1 being the least and 5 the most). There was a wide variance in the outcome of these tests, which goes to show you that different people look for different things in their toothpaste and have different tastes. More testing to come...

 


















Related Posts:

Source:



5 comments:

  1. I like this! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd have to add mint to mine to enhance the taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest son was just asking the other day what we'd do if we couldn't buy toothpaste at the store - I'll have to show him this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally missed this post when you added it, this is really cool.

    Did you ever add any flavor? I remember my Mom brushing our teeth with baking soda one time and that being disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting! You do such wonderful and interesting stuff with the young uns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.