Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Concoctions for Play: Beachy Moonsand

Beachy Moonsand




There are a lot of recipes out there for Moonsand, the pleasantly moldable sand for play. I wanted some for rainy days, to make some that would make them feel like they were at the beach, so I used tanning oil for the oil to make that unmistakable Tropical scent of going to the beach.

Beachy Moonsand Recipe
1 part cornstarch (I used a whole box.)
1 1/2 parts sand (I filled the box up, and dumped it in and then half-way up again. You could use colored sand, if you would like.)
Tanning oil until it feels right to your touch (We used about 10 ounces. You could use baby oil or even vegetable oil instead, if you like.)


sources:

4 comments:

  1. I am going to try this!! I think I'll want to play with it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon sand looks fun! If you're ever in upstate NY you can see Thomas Cole's Voyage of Life in person at the same museum (Munson-Williams-Proctor) Bethany had her trouble in. But they're prepared for visitors with autism now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of your son. The face says it all. He is in sand dough heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phyllis, this looks really fun and full of texture and sensory pleasure. I'm saving this for my daughter and for the new one on the way. :-) I'll also send this link to my sis-in-law who has a 3-year old. Thank you for visiting my blog and for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.