- Continue reading The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss and Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.
- Assignment 7: Decide on how and why you ended up stranded on this island Are you alone or with a team of people? If you are with others, decide how man, their names and characteristics.
- Assignment 8: There are some injuries involved with our being stranded on this island. If you are alone, determine what injuries you sustained and how you can treat them. If you are with a group, with first aid and care, all will survive. After everyone is examined, it is determined that there are many minor injuries and some fairly serious ones suffered by some of the survivors including broken limbs, shock, burns, abrasions and concussions. Decide who has what injuries. Prioritize whom you would treat and determine how you would treat those injuries. Make journal entries describing all of the above, and illustrate, if possible.
- Assignment 9: Prioritize needs and wants. For example, what would be more important to have -food or fresh water? Write a narrative essay in which you describe meeting these needs and wants in the style of a journal, describing daily progress. You might want to refer to The Swiss Family Robinson for ideas.
- Assignment 10: Wilderness Survival: Research techniques and skills that can be used to survive in the wilderness. Make notes of what techniques you would use in this scenario. Make note of what items you would need for these survival techniques. Would you have these items onboard the plane? Write a scene in which you use at least one of these techniques.
- Assignment 11: What techniques do you use to try and signal rescue? Research possible techniques and write what you learn in the style of a journal entry, describing daily progress.
- Assignment 12: Based on what you wrote in Assignment 4, what plants, nuts, berries and roots could you use as food? Write journal entries that include these choices.
- Assignment 13: Building a Home: Read the portion of the Swiss Family Robinson in which the family collects materials and builds their home. Write a short composition describing how you would build a similar structure given the same circumstances and materials as the Robinson's.
- Assignment 14: Research the process of smoking food. Write a report on this process, in the style of a journal, how this process acts as a preservative and why this process is crucial in the wilderness. You may include illustrations.
- Book Club: The Swiss Family Robinson and Robinson Crusoe, Part 1
- Book Club: The Swiss Family Robinson and Robinson Crusoe, Part 2 Make Up Your Imaginary Island
- I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.