Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Summer "Bucket" List: Make Time for Climbing



"Climbing is an amusement not much in favour with mothers; torn garments, bleeding knees, and boot-toes rubbed into holes, to say nothing of more serious risks, make a strong case against this form of delight. But, truly, the exercise is so admirable––the body being thrown into endless graceful postures which bring every muscle into play." - Charlotte Mason


originally posted Sep 24, 2010

5 comments:

  1. They got pretty high

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had climbing trees around here.

    I have noticed that at various playgrounds, and playspaces many mothers keep telling their kids not to climb. I know the fear it can strike in a mothers heart (especially when it is the two year old climbing) But I firmly believe it is good for kids to stretch out and try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Love the quote too! Looks like a great time he had in the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so fun!! That makes me desperately want to move somewhere with big trees! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures remind me of my childhood. I loved to climb trees, yet never broke a bone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.