Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Making Collages

Inspired by these, the little boys and I made collages. We just used what we had on hand, which was construction paper. We just cut out shapes...
and glued them on.
Quentin was nervous about cutting out the shapes himself, so I cut them out for him to his specifications. The three of us helped each other, shared ideas and gave advise.
I found out through this that sometimes it is the experience that is more important...
than making them do it themselves, or have only their own ideas.
It was a free exchange of ideas and closeness; a warm, happy, creative time...
one I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this project too and Amanda and I both agree it is a great activity! We thought it would fit very well with a study of Matisse.

    Great thoughts on the process too.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.