Form I: Water Forms



After thinking about how clouds are formed, we took our first nature walk to actually look at and draw clouds. I gave them half-size pieces of light blue construction paper and chalk. I find that half-size pages seem less intimidating for them to draw on, and afterwards they fit nicely on a journal page, making an area around it that they can use to make notes on or use just as an attractive border. I had wanted to use regular-sized chalk but I could only find the large sidewalk chalk pieces. I will have to buy some regular chalk for future projects.
They each went to places they found most comfortable and sketch the clouds as they saw them. It was interesting to see that each of them saw the clouds differently and drew different aspect of them. I am interested to see how their pictures will change as they learn more about the types of clouds.

sources and inspiration:

Popular Posts