Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

First Day of (Home)School: School Lunch

2014, Sloppy Joe, Macaroni and Cheese, Applesauce, Sugar Cookie
Last year, for the first day back-to-school, I thought it would be fun for my boys to have an honest-to-goodness American school lunch. A little American culture in their school day. :) I meant to buy those little cartons of milk to go with them, but I forgot. 
2015, Toasted Cheese, Tomato Soup, Green Beans, Peach half, Lunch Lady Brownies
This year I made Toasted Cheese, Tomato Soup, Green Beans, Peach Half and Lunch Lady Brownies, and still forgot the cartons of milk.

There are many possibilities for this...I think next year I will get square pizza slices and tater tots.

What are the school lunches you remember that could be duplicated at home?

6 comments:

  1. LOL - this doesn't look too appetizing. My daughter prefers to bring her own lunch. Not that it's more nutritious, since she insists on her lunch being a banana and a few olives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was yuck! Then I read what you put about it being a replica of a school dinner and I giggled! What a fun idea. For an English school dinner it would have to be mince in gravy, mushy peas and soggy chips with semolina for dessert! At least that is what they served in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember spaghetti with very runny sauce and canned pears or peaches.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...Claire's comment makes me think - wouldn't it be fun to have a "school lunches from around the world" study? We had those little cartons of milk on our trip, from some fast food place or another, and I had to "teach" the children how to open them...poor little homeschooled things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my gosh! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha ha ha, that would be rather hilarious. I do actually have some "lunch trays" like that and use them for lunch to make sure I get several different things for the kids to eat.

    I can't remember anything off hand. I mainly remember seeing a school lunch in elementary school that had some unidentified food that convinced me never to eat school lunches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.