Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

A Young Hare, Albrecht Durer (1471-1528)

Albrecht Durer (1471-1528)


A Young Hare
This is one of my very favorite pictures of all time. Not surprising for someone who loves rabbits.
There is so much to look at in this picture...contour...texture...color. (I love his signature, too.)
We particularly liked the picture, too, because it looks so much like our bunny.
I encouraged the older students to sketch pictures of hares.

Here is a sketch that Sam did today. Not the hare, of course, but another sketch.
Meanwhile the little boys enjoyed making more printing projects.

1,2,3...I Can Make Prints
On The Fold

6 comments:

  1. Bright, happy, and oh so springish. We finished up a project based on an idea from that artist woman (http://thatartistwoman.blogspot.com/2011/02/painting-in-style-of-ted-harrison.html) in school today. I hope to share the girl's pictures tomorrow, along with really cute egg carton flowers, and the spontaneous sewing my kids did last week...

    Oops - I just hi-jacked your topic. :) Bright happy painting by kids makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, Come and hi-jack anytime. I love to hear about all the creativity at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ladybugs. Terrific textures. Beautiful bunny too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool picture. I do love the patterns the paint creates that looks like veins on leaves. Want to try this real soon! We have not been doing as much art as I would have liked lately :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is nice. I will definitely try this, the leaves looked real.

    I had the kids bake a Pizza this week, check out the recipee @ http://blog.memetales.com/2011/03/yummy-pizza-by-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the veiny-ness of the leaves, too.
    But I love the ladybugs especially. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.