Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Story Stones

Pin It
I saw this tutorial for story stones quite a long time ago but I never seemed to find the time to fit in doing them with the boys, so when Katie offered to do something with the boys, I knew right away what I wanted her to do. She picked this book to read with them before she made the stones with them.



It is full of adventure and interesting characters wrapped around a core of a sweet moral. A lovely story to choose.
She prepared everything ahead of time.
 She went down to the beach and collected flat stones.
She picked up little pieces of beach glass as well.
She decided that she would get them to make their own stones. She just cut out various shapes out of scrapbooking paper.

She would also cut them out to order.




They put some Mod-Podge down on the stone, put the pieces of paper on and then followed it with another coat of Mod-Podge.




And so they made donkeys and pigs and various other characters.

And once they were dry they retold the story and made up many others.
I am keeping my eye out for a little metal tin to keep them all in as I am guessing that there are many more stones that are going to come to life in the future.




Frugal Family Fun Blog has more ideas with story stones.

7 comments:

  1. That looks like some cool story stones, and the perfect activity for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to do story stones -- they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!!

    By the way, I tagged you...see the post right before today's book sharing monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! Thanks for linking up to Read Aloud Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember checking this book out from the library when I was little.It was a favorite. I love the way you decorated the stones.

    Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of the story stones, they look so neat. Can't remember where I've seen that book before, and I can't really remember it, another one to keep on my need to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I think my two youngest boys would love it. And, Sylvester is one of our all time favorite books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.