Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Our Last Day of Summer...First Night of Fall Outdoor Hour

I had planned today an Outdoor Hour to look for the signs of Autumn.
But sometimes it gets a bit confusing as to when Autumn starts.
(I wrote a poem about it before.)
It officially begins at 11:09 PM (EDT) tonight, my youngest two pointed out to me.
So, since Fall doesn't officially start until this evening, we had our "last day of summer" nature walk-party instead of our "first day of fall" nature walk.
Either way, it feels like summer here. The temperature went up to 86°F today with the humidity at 53%. It looks exactly the way it should here, partly like summer, partly like Autumn.
So, what would you do if you had the afternoon to play in the warm weather? Climb trees, of course... and run races...and enjoy freshly made cinnamon buns and apple juice in the gazebo together.
Celebrating the changing of seasons.
Celebrating the anticipation of all of Fall together.
And anticipating all the wonders we will find.

9 comments:

  1. I just love the way you and your family celebrate - climbing trees and enjoying cinnamon buns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. How'd you get them in the collage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a feature of Picasa, which is a free photo program by Google. http://picasaweb.google.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so confused this year about when the first day of autumn was and even after looking it up, posted the wrong day in my challenge. :)

    Your family looks like it had a great start to the new season and the cinnamon rolls look fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing your link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb- I think many people, (including myself)were confused about what day was the first day of Fall! I have a calendar in the living room that listed Wednesday as the first day of Fall and one in the kitchen that listed Thursday, so my boys made me look it up! It did really start on Wednesday, just late in the day. My boys, especially James, is just particular about those sorts of things. I plan to post a first day of Fall post as well, but I am having some photo/computer trouble. I might post it when I get all that straighten out! Looking forward to hearing your answers to the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos!! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fall photos! I'd love to have day to hang out together, this post almost makes me feel like we did! Funny how the boys would know the moment that fall would arrive. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to welcome a season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.