Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Young Eagles Program

2010
Did you know that your kids (ages 8-17) can experience going up in a small plane...
2010
for free?
2013
My kids have been doing this almost every year for the past several years and they love it.
2014
The pilot explains what will happen during the flight. You may talk about the airplane, review an aeronautical chart or map, and complete a careful “walk-around” preflight inspection of the airplane.
2014
The pilot explains the interior of the airplane, including the operation of the aircraft door, safety belts, and instrument panel.
2013
The flight lasts between 15 and 20 minutes. And, if you want, your pilot may let you take the controls!
2014
You also get an official Young Eagles logbook with a personal code to activate your free EAA Student Membership and Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course.
2014
Click here to find the nearest participating Young Eagles program to you.

9 comments:

  1. WOW!! I didn't know that. How cool!!! I'm gonna check out that link. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Too bad we don't have such a programme in the UK otherwise my son would be on it every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Leslie, I'm gonna go check out that link to see if there's one near us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of mine would seriously love this! Aren't you blessed to have something like that nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of sheer curiosity, I checked out the program, then noticed mention of programs being offered outside of US - and I am now rather excited to have seen there is contact information for one located a couple of hours from here!! Now to see if the girls would actually enjoy this :) and get past my own fear of letting them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tear up every time they get on the plane, but I get through it and they love it. My daughter wants to get her pilot's licence because of it. I hope to see your pictures of it, if you go.

      Delete
    2. I thought for sure P would want to do it - she was rearing to go sky diving this summer - yet this doesn't appeal to her (!) Sometimes, I just don't understand her :)

      Delete
    3. I have the very same thing with my kids, especially my youngest. I think they try to keep us on our toes. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.