|This has been a busy week, but not as crazy busy as it has been. |
I went to my 6-month check up with my oncologist, and everything checked out great. It has now been 2 1/2 years since my diagnosis, so I am half-way through the 5 year period. Once you hit the 5 year mark, the likelihood of cancer returning goes down to practically the same as anyone else.
I took Katie to get a sonogram of her abdominal area because she has been having stomach cramps, and the tests came out normal.
- Began learning about the digestive system and identified all the organs that are a part of the digestive system.
- Completed some demonstrations involving hydrochloric acid, Tums and baking soda to show how some parts of the digestive system work.
- Studied about the Seljuk Turks.
- Learned about the daily life of a Medieval Tradesmen and drew and wrote in history notebooks about it.
- Made a Tradesman's costume.
- Learned about Old English words that we still use today.
- Made a Medieval Apple Tart.
- Learned about life in a Medieval Village and wrote in history notebooks about it.
- Played draughts (checkers).
- Made a waterclock.
- Learned about the rivers in England.
- Solved math problems.
- Listened to Medieval music.
- Learned about women in Medieval times and wrote in history notebook about it.
- Discussed the role of dragons in Medieval stories and sketched them.
|James' (age 14) science notebook page|
Sources and Resources:
We went to Days of Knights, a game store, with Hope and Eddie and then had lunch at Red Robin.
We had a dinner and game night with Hope and Eddie.
But the biggest thing to have happen this week was for this cute guy to join the family. We have been wanting a dog for several years now, but we just got around to getting one now.
What has your week been like?
Join me at...
- Weekly Wrap-Up by Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Friendship Friday at Faith, Hope and Love
- History and Geography on Thursdays
- Science on Sundays