Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Best Mom Award

best mom award
On this Mother's Day I wanted to take a moment to celebrate a few really great moms that have inspired me and to tell them how much they mean to me.

Best Mom Award goes to...

Sylvia of Faith, Hope and Love. She is a mom of many and has demonstrated to me patience and love as she copes with the difficulties of raising a special needs child.

bluebonnets 2015 no Jeff
Ticia of Adventures in Mommydom. Ticia is such a fun mom, I sometimes wish I was her child!

My Photo
Leah of Almost Unschoolers. She is one of the kindest people I know. When she offered to send us a postcard from Montana, she sent five. When I asked if I could buy a handmade toy that she showed on her blog, she just sent me one as a gift. She has the most kind and giving heart I know.

DSC_0025ww8
Claire of Angelicscaliwags. Just one look at her beautiful family will show you the reflection of how wonderful a mother she is. I strive to be like her.

Dawn at A Blessed Homeschool Life. Dawn has had her share of difficulties with raising special needs children, but she always parents with love and heart, which also shows in every post. I feel honored to count her among my friends.

Patty at Reasons for Chocolate. She always inspires me in her faith and devotion as a mother.
Jessy at Our Side of the Mountain. She is celebrating a particularly special Mother's Day this year as she is getting married. Happy Mother's Day and Happy Wedding, Jessy!

Marie at Marie's Pastiche. Marie is always coming up with wonderful learning experiences for her children and her niece and nephew! She inspires me as a mother and teacher.

image
Karen at HomeSchool Girls. Just one look at Karen and her beautiful daughter will show you what a wonderful mom Karen is. She has a awe-inspiring relationship with her teenaged daughter and the love she has just pours on to the pages of her blog.


Are there some mothers out there that you would like to celebrate?
If so, feel free to send them a Best Mom Award, and mention them in the comments.

Happy Mother's Day!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Phyllis, that is just so sweet. If only you all lived just down the street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that often.

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

    Yes, there is another awesome Mom I know, she is encouraging, a good friend, always gives me great ideas, and does such a good job with all of her kids, and she just so happens to blog right here. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You most certainly belong in the Best Mom category, Phyllis! Happy Mothers' Day, and thank you for inspiring me with your every sunny post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lucinda! Oh, I should have included you on the list, too! I knew I was forgetting somebody! Sorry for the oversight. Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  4. I'm honored to be included in this list of awesome moms!! You should have put yourself on it too! I wish we were neighbors! Maybe some day I will have the privilege of meeting you person!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to come visit you, too!

      Delete
  5. I concur with all the above lovely ladies. You too should belong on the list! Thank you for always being such an encouragement to me. I will never forget that you were the first person to comment regularly on my blog. I feel blessed to know you and to be blogging along side you.
    Happy, happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I feel privileged to know and blog along side you, too.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos...beautiful families...beautiful moms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SUCH a delightful surprise!! You are so kind! And the best gift...finding out about other homeschool moms out there. Thanks for sharing your friends with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day, my friend.

      Delete
  8. Oh Phyllis this is the sweetest thing. It totally made my day. I would definitely put you in the Best mom category. You have inspired me for years. Happy Mothers Day my friend. Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely list and a few new to me blogs I'll have to check out! I think you should be on the list too...hope your Mother's Day was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phyllis, what a beautiful thing to write! Thank you for your kind words. You indeed deserve the Best Mom Award - I am always in awe at the myriad, creative ways you spend time with your kids, not only in offering an incredible education, but a wonderful connection with each other and the world around them. They are blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thanks so much Phyllis! I hope that you had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day too! My was SUPER special! ;) (Love the new banner!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.