|The nifty little box it came in made a nice storage area for school supplies.|
The owner, Troy Decoff, whom is also a classroom teacher, was extremely courteous and sent my order out within days of my inquiring about it. Since it was shipped priority mail, I got it within a couple of days of his shipping it out.
When I received my pencil sharpener in the mail it came in a box with no instructions. I didn't think anything of it, since you really don't expect needing instructions for a pencil sharpener, but the fact is with this one, you really do need instructions. My first couple of attempts to use it met with failure. I went on the Classroom Friendly website to see what I was doing wrong and found this video, which cleared things up for me.
Once I was able to correctly use the sharpener, I showed the boys how to use it and then they pretty much took over sharpening pencils like crazy. They actually have a lot of fun sharpening them. After everyone in the house used it, we pretty much only had good things to report about it...
- It is compact. Not taking up too much space is a plus for my homeschooling area, which can get cluttered quickly.
- Sharpens all kinds of pencils. The lead of colored pencils are much softer and almost gummy, which messes with the blades and motor of normal pencil sharpeners. It also sharpens the pencils with the colorful thin plastic coating that tend to destroy pencil sharpeners.
- It stops sharpening once it has a sharp point, so all the guess work is gone.
- It is quiet. Electric sharpeners can be so loud.
- Is easy to use for both right handed and left handed people. That is important in our family, since we have both.
- The price is great. At only $24.99, it is a real bargain.
- It is also a frugal buy because the blade is replaceable! You can buy replacement blades at the site instead of having to buy another whole sharpener. There are Photos and How To Videos on their website to help you replace the blade.
- I love the little plastic drawer underneath that catches all the shavings. It just slides out and back in.
- It has a cool retro look, and comes in a variety of colors. In addition to the Groovy Green which we got, there is also Firehouse Red, Cool Blue, Precious Pink, and Midnight Black to choose from.
- It doesn't mount securely with the mount it comes with. It won't mount at all on any table that has any sort of lip, and even when you are able to mount it, it doesn't stay. This is not really a problem since it is easy to just hold it down with one hand and turn the handle with the other. You don't need to hold the pencil while it is being sharpened.
- It really should come with an instruction sheet for how to use it, instead of having to go to the website to find those instructions.
So, you can see, the Pros outweigh the Cons hands down. If you want the world's best pencil sharpener, go over to Classroom Friendly Supplies and get yourself one. You won't be sorry. It really is the world's best pencil sharpener.
Disclaimer: I received this product free through the company owner in exchange for my candid review. A positive review was not required, nor did I receive any further compensation. All opinions expressed are mine. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC regulations.