Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Our Weekly Homeschool Report, February 28-March 6; week 23

Mardi Gras

week 23
We were hit with a nasty flu-bug this week. At one point, Quentin was the only one who was well, and he was bringing glasses of ice water and various things to comfort the rest of us. Needless to say, we didn't get a whole lot done this week, and I have even less pictures, but fortunately we had done some of the activities before with other students, so I included those photos to let you know what we did. Some weeks are like that.

Math

March 2012
Fractions
Division of Fractions

English


Writing Pen Pal Letters... Pen Pals, expect a letter soon.
Predicate Nouns (or Predicate Nominatives)

Greek Roots

thesis: put, place or position
kinesis: movement
phone: sound
skopeo: look at, inspect, consider or examine.

Science

14 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope you're all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're all feeling better by now. The flu is just miserable to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if all was well with ya'll this week. We had a similarly uninspired week, but ours was more because of birthday stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping that everyone is almost better there. We almost better by Mardi Gras, but not well enough to want to have much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your latest header collage, Phyllis. All those smiles. I wish you all a speedy recovery from the flu. I always think it is so unfair that we are most vulnerable to illness when we are suffering emotionally.
    Thank you for reminding me about the Oreo moon phases activity. Still on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor folks!! So sad to hear that y'all have been sick too. Hoping that you are all on the mend now - take it easy! It took one of ours almost 10 days to get back to normal :( So thankful that spring days are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( Sorry you were sick!! Love the oreos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everyone feels better soon! So nice of Quentin to help out :) (I too love your new header collage!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you all are feeling better now. What learning you did looks great.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are all feeling better Phyllis! I love the Mardi Gras masks. They are awesome. And I have that oreo Moon phases pinned on Pinterest. I love it!! Feel better and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Booooo to the Flu! Mmmmmm....Oreos! What a great way to learn phases of the moon. I always love reading about your weeks. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're all feeling better now. Some of my family got it too. It has alluded me so far, thank God!! I think you guys are the best partiers ever! I'm really loving your beach pictures. We still have snow on the ground. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry you have been feeling rotten, on top of everything else. I hope everyone is on the mend now, and that you have a wonderful week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've had a few couple weeks like that, too. Yes, that happens! Hope you are all feeling better! Still looks like a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.