Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Science Investigations that all students should do Before High School #13:The Floating Egg

#13:The Floating Egg
Fill a tall glass with a cup and a half of water.Place an egg in the glass.Add salt, one teaspoon at a time, testing the egg between each addition.The egg will begin to float,and eventually will float all the way to the top.
Saltwater is more dense than pure water.


related posts:


5 comments:

  1. I always love this experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this one is easy enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is classic. I call it a "Dead Sea Experiment" - we did it when we studied Israel. I think you just gave me an idea of a new take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Phyllis! Just want you to know how inspiring you always are. I passed on the torch from an award to you...I think you may have received it before...at any rate, as I mentioned on my blog, I wish you were my home school mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.