|April 5-11, 2013|
Today we took a picnic lunch to Turner's Creek, a local park...
and ate under a cherry tree.
In not too long, Quentin went on an explore.
Big sister ran to catch up with him.
She made dandelion chains.
We explored the woods and found the creek.
All the dried weeds left over from winter were still around.
Quentin said the water was still very cold.
After not too long, we had to head back.
Other Everyday Celebrations
Quentin picked out this tea set for our afternoon teatimes.
This week we had strawberry shortcakes.
We began our spring garden notes.
Katie made a plan for our raised garden bed.
One new game we have been enjoying is Hnefatafl.
This week was our built-in catch-up week. I have one every quarter so that we can get our old projects done before starting all new ones. For that reason, I don't have many new things to show you, however.
History: The 1920's
|From Homeschool in the Woods Time Travelers Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression.We compared the clothing of 1907, 1920 and 1938.|
We did complete some history work about After WWI: The Twenties and Presidents Harding and Coolidge.
National Letter Writing Month
Because April is National Letter Writing month, the boys have decided to begin writing to pen pals. If you sent an email to me saying your child was interested in writing to them, your child will be receiving a letter from them soon. Writing for them is slow going, but hopefully, with practice, it will get easier.
- The Indian in the Cupboard, Lynne Reid Banks
- The All-of-a-Kind Family, Sydney Taylor
- Dinosaurs Before Dark, Mary Pope Osborne
- The Devil's Arithmetic, Jane Yolen
- Island of Hope: the story of Ellis Island and the Journey to America, Martin Sandler
- DK Human Body Encyclopedia
- The Miracuous Journey of Edward Tulane, Kate DiCamillo
- Homeschool in the Woods Time Travelers Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression
- Exploring Creation with Biology, Jay Wile
- Exploring Creation with Zoology series, Jeannie Fulbright
- Nature Portfolio from Homeschool Journey
- Christian Liberty Nature Readers, books 2, 3, and 4
Join me at...