Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Summer Plans 2013

Mondays: Fine Arts Using Fine Arts Pinterest Board Ideas and

A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels ebookA Simple Start in Chalk Pastels, Art for All Ages
Summer filled with art!

Tuesdays: Botany Studies Using and Botany Pinterest Board Ideas


Botany in a Day
We are going to take a few weeks, instead of a day, but we will study botany in this systematic way.

Wednesdays: Concoctions For Play 

Thursdays: Outside Fun

Fridays: Handicrafts and Pastimes


Everyday: 

Practice listening and giving oral narrations.
Daily Summer Activities workbook
I don't go for workbooks much, but I do like to use these throughout the summer to keep skills in tact and to make sure I cover all material relevant to their grade before their going to the next grade in the fall. They have a page of mixed skills to cover each day for 10 weeks. I am not a stickler for finishing each and every thing.
Specific content in 3rd-4th Grade volume includes: - a fiction and a nonfiction story with comprehension questions each week- sentences to correct for capitalization, punctuation, and grammar- 10 spelling words to learn each week- mathematics practice-multiplication and division facts, word problems, two-and three-digit addition and subtraction with borrowing and carrying, dividing by one digit, multiplication by one and two digits, fractions, graphing- language skills such as alphabetical order, contractions, parts of speech, synonyms, antonyms and homophones- geography-map symbols and map reading - cursive handwriting practice- creative writing activities


Specific content in 4th-5th volume includes:
- two stories with comprehension questions each week - sentences to correct for capitalization, punctuation, and grammar - 12 spelling words to learn each week - mathematics practice-multiplication and division facts, word problems, up to four-digit addition and subtraction with borrowing and carrying, dividing by one digit, multiplication by one and two digits, fractions, graphing, geometry, measurement - language skills such as alphabetical order, contractions, parts of speech, synonyms, antonyms, and homophones, analogies, prefixes and suffixes - geography-map symbols and map reading - cursive handwriting practice - creative writing activities

High School

Algebra 1 Teaching TextbookContinue working on Teaching Textbook's Algebra I.


Continue with (Greek) Elementary Koine Greek, Athenaze and (Latin) Visual Latin.

16 comments:

  1. I love your summer plans! It looks like a lot of fun learning. You have really motivated me to put together some resources for the kids to get their learning done in a fun relaxed way.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most likely won't get it all done. LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow, you do plan ahead, Phyllis! Looks like a really good plan. I'm looking forward to summer too, and have some plans stewing at the moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see them.

      Delete
  3. OOOOH! I've got to check out that botany book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee! Our library has it :) It looks like you guys have a lot of fun coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will really love it!

      Delete
    2. I hope so - it looks like it should be right up our alley.

      Delete
  5. I am working on our bucket list. I can't wait for summer to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bucket list is different. This is my morning learning activities. I am still working on my bucket list.

      Delete
  6. It looks like you've got some great plans coming up. I'm thinking of doing some greatly expanded monthly themes during summer, of course I think we'll also still be finishing up our science and Latin that we just started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing your monthly themes! Are you going back to the ancients next year in history?

      Delete
  7. I like the idea of dedicating each weekday this summer to a different pursuit! Maybe we'll do the same:) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like assigning certain days to certain things. Great idea! And the pinterest boards! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am starting to collect history books for next year - do you have a specific period in mind for next year? We're going to pick up Harmony Fine Arts year 7 and 10, I like to know what my bloggy friends are doing, helps with ideas for crafts and such. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will be posting my list sometime. We are going to be going back around to the beginning and doing the Ancients again, with a little more advanced work. We love Harmony Fine Arts and I would like to do some but I am not sure what years.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.