- Read, "It' a Jungle Out There" written by Ron Snell, Chapter 15: Yarinacoca to Ingo Maria
- Food is plentiful in the rainforest but it will have to be caught and gathered. Design some traps, snares and fishing equipment that can be made out of the readily available materials. Make sketches of your designs.
- Read, "It' a Jungle Out There" written by Ron Snell, Chapter 16: Tingo Maria to Lima
- What is it like to use your traps, snares and fishing equipment? How do you prepare the food to eat? Write a descriptive journal entry.
- Research and determine what edible things there are to gather in the rainforest. Add this information and sketches in your journal.
- You have a radio but it only has a very short battery life. What short messages do you send each day and to whom?
- You have encounters with wild animals such as snakes and alligators. Write a descriptive journal entry about what this is like. You might need to research about these animals to see what it would be like. Optionally, you can find out what other animals would be living in this environment and use one of them instead.
- You have to cross the river and avoid Piranha. How? Write a descriptive journal entry about what this is like.
- I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.