Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Book Club: The Swiss Family Robinson and Robinson Crusoe, Part 1

source
You are a castaway on an unpopulated island and you have to use native materials to make tools to help you survive ad escape. You arrive on the island with only the clothes you are now wearing and the personal items you have with you.

  • Begin reading The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss and Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.
  • Empty your pockets and look at what you normally take with you on a trip (or your backpack) to see what you normally carry with you that would help you to survive. 
Sources:
  • I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.

1 comment:

  1. One of my girls had to read and write their book report on this book for the first quarter this school year. She definitely loved the original movie more than the book. She is such a sweetie who has a love for animals and she didn't like to read how they were constantly killing the animals. Her words :) When she watched the movie, she felt more at peace about it all. Of course, the movie was a smidge different. Hope your kids enjoy it, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.