- Read My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George: I Find Many Useful Plants and The Old, Old Tree
- An improvised stretcher will have to be constructed to carry Sarah. Only natural materials can be used along with some supplies such as string that have been found in the wreckage of the plane. Write or draw about how you think this can be made.
- My Side of the Mountain Scenario: Introduction and Part 1: Setting the Scene
- My Side of the Mountain: Part 2: The Crash
- My Side of the Mountain Scenario, part 3: The Injuries
- I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.