Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Book Club: My Side of the Mountain, part 9: Wilderness Survival




  • Read My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George: I Find a Real Live Man





  • Research techniques and skills that can be used to survive in the wilderness Make notes of what techniques you could use in this scenario. Make note of what items you would need for these survival techniques Would you have these items on board the plane? Would you be able to find these items in the wilderness? Write a scene in which you use at least one of these techniques. Remember that many of these techniques could be taught to you by Sarah or John.


  • Related Posts:
    • I am not sure if I made this unit up entirely myself or if I found some of it on the internet. If you know if any of this has come from a source I have not credited, please let me know, and I will make the appropriate corrections.

    1 comment:

    1. I love the picture at the top, I can't quite place which boy it is though. Is it James with a different hair cut?

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.