Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Awards from Sylvia of Living and Learning with Our New Normal

I have been honored today by not one, but three awards! I know that many bloggers out there don't accept awards, but to me it is a very sincere expression of thanks and as that I cannot do anything but accept the kindness and pass it on to others in the same spirit.
Thank you so much Sylvia of Living and Learning with Our New Normal. Sylvia has been homeschooling her 9 awesome children ages 36 down to 10 since 1984. I think her subheading says it all...
"Coping with the Challenges of Pediatric Brain Cancer, Autism and a Severe Seizure Disorder Make Every Day a Lesson in Patience, Unconditional Love, Faith, and Reliance on God."

beautiful-blogger-award
very-inspiring-blogger-award11

liebster award copy
Now to the requirements of the awards...
1) What is your earliest memory?
That is hard to say....I have very few really early memories. I guess the one memory from before I went to school was when a puppy found its way to under a seldom-used truck in our yard. I started crying because my was so sure my parents wouldn't let us keep him. I was crying so hard that they couldn't understand what I was saying and was sure that something horrible had happened to me or one of my siblings. By the time I was calm enough that they could understand me, they felt they had to keep the puppy. He was the wonderful dog of my childhood.
2) What is your favorite out door activity?
Nature walks! Just sitting somewhere beautiful and soaking in all the peace and contentment and sketching whatever catches my interest.
3) What is your favorite cause?
That is hard to say, as I am not too interested in political issues. I would have to say that informing people about the possible connection between vaccinations and autism would have to be my top cause, if I had to pick one.
4) What is your favorite charity?
Again, I am not too much into such things, but I believe strongly in helping those around you, if you can. Looking out and giving to those who touch your lives the best charity.
5) What job is your dream job?
Teaching my kids! Oh, yeah, that is my job, isn't it? Oh, I am pretty lucky to be able to work my dream job every day!
6) What is your favorite song?
Awesome God, Rich Mullins


  7) What is your favorite movie?
A Beautiful Mind



8) Do you have any phobias? If so please tell us what they are!
I am and have always been afraid of the dark. I am a bit agoraphobic as well.
9) What is your favorite animal?
Rabbits and Giraffes.
10) What is your favorite flower?
Pansies, Violets and Roses.
11) If you could live anywhere you wanted to, where would that be?
That would be hard to say. I love the US from Four Corner's deserts to the mountains of Tennessee, however we live in a beautiful place right now, don't you think?
Now to passing on these awards...

beautiful-blogger-award
Now to the requirements to accept these awards...
Post a collection of some of your favorite photos you have taken and tell us why they are your favorite. What do they say about you and what you value? 
And be sure to pass on the awards to others, as an act of kindness!

related posts:

25 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for recognizing my blog! I also loved to hear what you had to say in your answers;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are pretty blessed to work our dream job, aren't we? So enjoyed reading your answers this afternoon! And a big hug for the blog award. So honored to receive it from you! (and I love nature walks and that Awesome God song too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award, Phyllis! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song too, I have very fond memories of singing it in the youth group with some of my best friends.

    I misread the question on favorite animals and saw favorite games (don't know why) and I was thinking, "How is that game played?"

    I loved reading your answers, it's so much fun. I'll probably be posting some favorite photos soon, the boys birthdays are coming up and I always try to post lots of pictures for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Phyllis! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better reading your answers.
    Thank you for your generosity and kindness thinking of me. I agree 100% about the dream job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for thinking of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the award! I really enjoyed learning a little more about you through the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your kindness! I loved reading your answers in this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Phyllis. I too enjoyed hearing more about you, and you are so right- we do indeed have the best jobs in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on all your awards! It was interesting to me to learn that there is a connection to vaccinations and autism. I enjoyed reading your responses and getting to know you better!! Thank you for thinking of us and it is an honor to receive an award from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks again, Phyllis :) I loved many of your answers here...your favorite outdoor activities, your responses about favorite cause, charity, and dream job. What fun for you to get so many awards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THank you, sweet lady, for the blog award! You are so very kind! I always enjoy reading these Q&A's from others. It is a pleasant peek into their lives that I do normally see. And what a great list of blogs you have up there, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have some things in common for sure. Love the Awesome God song, nature walks, I love my dream job too ;) God is good! Thank you so much for thinking of me - it's an honor. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Phyllis, you are so sweet and congrats on your awards. Thank you for passing an award on to me. I like the requirements for accepting too. That should be fun to look back over our pictures. Have a great week!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Phyllis! I love the contented spirit that is reflected in your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the award Phyllis! You are a blessing : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Phyllis,

    Thank you for the award....I think you are awesome too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the award! And I like giraffes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! You had a lot of blog to have to think of for three awards =) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for my first award! I will post about it as soon as I get my pics all together. I enjoyed reading a little more about you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.