Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

This Moment, Rough-housing Edition and Snapshot Summary, June 8-14, Camp Ends and School Begins Again {week 31}

{this moment}
A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments at SouleMama.  

Snapshot Summary, June 8-14

This week we had a transition of camp ending and school beginning. I didn't get as much as I wanted accomplished, but we did complete some activities.
We explored Suminagashi: The Art of Japanese Paper Marbling.
On Sunday night, we went to the fireworks at the Covered Bridge Festival.
It is so (wonderfully) strange to us to be so close to everything!
 made some sketches of birds...
 marveled over teabag rockets...
We have been reviewing math skills,
and made torn paper landscape pictures of the mountains so new to us.

We began our studies of the Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, the Gold Rush, the Pony Express and the Transcontinental Railroad. We will be exploring these subjects for a few weeks.

We are reading The Hardy Boys at night.
This is the ingredients of the Gazapacho Salad sauce in the blender, ready for blending. They looked so pretty, I just had to take a picture. I so appreciate the simple beautiful moments throughout each day.


5 comments:

  1. That first shot is very familiar in my house......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the torn paper mountains and the delicious looking Gazapacho. Perfect Summer food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed some of these awesome science experiments! Love the tea bags and the light bulb and going to read about them after this. I also love the torn paper mountains. Phyllis, I know I always say this but you are so CREATIVE with your learning!!! Can't wait to see how your new History studies are going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tea bag rockets ... gotta look that one up !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so off to read about those tea bag rockets!!! :) Thanks for sharing your week with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.