Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Snapshot Summary, May 21-25, Exodus Edition

{this moment}
A Friday ritual. A single photo – no words – capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you’re inspired to do the same, leave a link to your ‘moment’ at 
SouleMama for all to find and see.


Last Sunday at the Beach


(Greek ἔξοδος exodos "departure, expedition, procession")
The Exodus begins. We are taking the risk. We have packed up the family and are moving to another state, far enough away that we probably won't be back again here to visit. It is one thing to say it and quite another to do it. I thought of my youngest two taking their first steps and saying their first words in this house.  I thought of all the moments those walls had witnessed. I thought of all the long days at the water's edge.
And yet, it feels like we have been hanging on to a life that has outlived its age. Like a shoe that no longer fits, to stay in Maryland any longer would be staying past its time. It is time to leave and my heart knows it. That fact doesn't change the fact that it it scary. I think of the Exodus so many years ago when the Isrealites left the land they had made their home and yet was not their home with their possessions on their backs and their babes in arms, leading their flocks and herds, and set out for the mountain of God. I know we will probably have our own times of complaining despite being provided for. I am sure we will even wonder why we left in the first place, even though we well know why. It is human nature. We are in some ways very much like those travellers, trusting in Him to guide our steps. I take a deep breath and we begin our journey.

11 comments:

  1. All the best for your upcoming move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you're gonna miss your old house, it looks like a wonderful homey place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! I've been thinking a lot about your journey and your good-byes, this week - you have my prayer for peace of mind as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an absolutely dear and precious post. Wonderful photos and I love how you describe it all like the Israelites and their exodus. You have made many beautiful memories in this spot and now... you are on the very edge and start of something exciting and new. Prayers! Can't wait to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I remember that you had planned on moving before your husband was injured. I can only imagine how that feels. I admit to being content to live in the same house for 24 years (and counting).

    That house is spectacular. It looks like a wonderful place to raise your family.

    I will be praying for your move and all the work that goes with it. I hope you won't be out of touch for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww.....Sending you a big virtual hug. I moved an 8 hour drive to get here 20 years ago, and now we're contemplating a 14 hour move next year. Moving is exciting and terrifying and heartbreaking and joyous all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beach pictures! I am sure you are going to miss your old home, but you have so many wonderful memories! I hope wonderful things are in store for you in your new home :) Best wishes with the moving process...moving is so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing how the Lord prepares us. I'm so thankful that I have The Navigator. I'd hate to be heading out across the desert without knowing he's before me. I look forward to seeing the blessings that the Lord has for you!

    ~~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings on your journey! We've just had a big move of our own. It's hard work, but we've been so excited.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always bitter sweet when we must pack and move on in our lives. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Just reading this now. What a Great Adventure. Glad you are tucked in my reader so I can keep up! I would have missed that you changed location!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.