Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

11 on the 11th

I have been tagged by Susan  of Learning ALL the Time!!! for a Bit of Fun...

The Rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.



11 Random Facts:

1. I have a BA in Theatre.
2. I worked as a counselor at several prisons.
3. My father was a old-time waterman on the Chesapeake Bay. By "old-time" I mean he used to hand tong oysters and trotline crabbing.
4. My all-time favorite book is Watership Down by Richard Adams.
5. I didn't have my first child until I was 30 years old.
6. My favorite animals are rabbits and giraffes.
7. When I was young I wanted to be a forensic entomologist. (That was before forensics were in,)
8. I am tone deaf.
9. I owned ponies when I was little, including a Chincoteague pony.
10. I wrote and sold my own newsletter in high school called The Pink Stallion, named after a mural on the wall of my room, which was painted by my best friend.
11. I was twelve before I had had my first taste of cotton candy.

Susan's Questions


1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love the fellowship of like-minded people and I love the sharing of creative ideas that enrich our homeschool.

2. What piece of blogging advice can you offer?
I am not sure that I am qualified to give blogging advice, however, since you have asked me, I will say, "Stay real" is my best blogging advice. People want to see you as you really are.

3. What is your favorite reading material?
I read a wide variety of things, but mostly they relate to our schooling, even if it is something I do not plan to share with the boys.

4. Do you have a particular song or a kind of music that really means a lot to you...lifts your spirits, gets you moving, touches you in some way? If so, what is it and why does it have meaning for you?
I love Rich Mullens' spirituality. I really like Toby Keith's "I want to talk about me." It always makes me smile.

5. Are you a person who likes to spend a lot of time preparing a meal, or does good and simple do it for you?
Simple is nice, but I want our meals to be special, and if that means a lot of preparation time, then I usually try to include the boys. I want the whole experience to be with the whole family.

6. What is your personal style/favorite way of dressing?
Casual, comfortable and practical. I want to be able to play and learn with the boys and not worry about getting messed up. I do like skirts, too, though, because they are feminine.

7. What is a quality about yourself you know you need to work on?
Patience. Organization. Slowing down.

8. What is the quality about yourself that you like best?
Adaptability.

9. What is an important life lesson you've learned that you'd be willing to share?
I don't have a specific story, but I continually learn the lesson that you cannot judge others until you have walked in their shoes.

10. From your perspective, what are the most important traits in a friend?
Loyalty. Kindness.

11. What is your idea of a perfect day?
Going somewhere new with my family so they all can enjoy themselves. Spending this time with no worries.

My Questions:


1. What is your favorite blog post you have made?

2. Do you have a blog post that affected you, made you think, changed you in some way? Include what blog you saw it on, and a link, if you can.

3. Have you ever met in real life anyone that you knew through their blog?

4. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?

5. What is your least favorite subject to teach? Why?

6. What type would you say your teaching style falls under? It can be more than one.

7. Is there some project in your homeschool that you would like to do, but haven't been able to do it yet? Why do you want to do it and why haven't you been able?

8. What do you consider the most important goal for your school?

9. What is the favorite blog post (you have written) of your readers? Were you surprised?

10. What is something you have since learned that you wish you knew when you started homeschooling?

11. Is there a blog that shows a homeschool that you are striving to be more like? What do you admire about their homeschool?

I have tagged:

1. Susan of Learning ALL the Time!!! (Yes, I am giving it back to you!)
2. Ticia of Adventures in Mommydom
3. Karen of Homeschool Girls
4. Mary of Homegrown Learners
5. Patty of Reasons for Chocolate
6. Tricia of Hodgepodge
7. Laurie of Keeping It Simple
8. Kelly of Little Wonders' Days
9. Leah of Almost Unschoolers
10. Susana of Our Homeschool Fun
11. Joyce of Childhood Beckons

8 comments:

  1. Fun! I love the little tidbits of info - but you're questions are going to take some thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun.... I'll see if I can get around to it!!! Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You owned a Chincoteague pony?! I'm jealous! :)
    Thanks for playing along with my questions, Phyllis. And, I agree with Leah, your questions will take a bit of thought to answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are going to be fun to answer! I'll have to think about it and hopefully get this up tomorrow......... It'll let me put off writing things I actually need to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy these type of fun, tagging posts because you learn more about a favorite blog friend! I love that photo of you above. Each year about this time of our theater productions I am reminded that you are a drama girl too! And I can surely see you selling your own Pink Stallion newsletter! Plus, we just reserved Watership Down at the library for summer. Loved this Phyllis! Thanks for the tag and the thought-provoking questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #11 - you! Especially how you teach maths :-). I am reading and learning so much from you and other bloggers and wanted to say a big thank you for people like you who share their ideas. I do hope one day when we will be actually homeschooling (daughter is not yet 2) to pay back and post my own lessons and how I do things..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks FUN!

    I tagged some friends and they NEVER RESPONDED!
    http://taytayhser.blogspot.com/2012/04/ive-been-tagged-by-stephanie-at-httpwww.html

    Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for tagging me Phyllis! These are some fun questions. I have a crazy week, but I want to play along for sure. I'll get my act in gear and get a post out this week.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.