Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

30 Days of Gratitude, 1-6

1.
Steven
He is so patient and kind. He is handsome and loving. He is funny and cute. He is protective and hardworking. He is a good teacher and a good example of how a man should be to our sons, and of how a husband should be to our daughter.
I don't know how I was so lucky to have you in my life, but I am grateful.

2.

Katie
My one and only daughter. The one who first made me a mother. I remember with such happiness the hours we spent together, just the two of us. I don't think I've ever felt more lucky--more aware of every bit of good in my life. Every little thing was so important then as I got to know the person that was you. And you are so full of life naturally. You always wanted to be on the go, always wanted to be around people. Always enjoyed life. You still do. I like you so much. I love you so much. I am so grateful.

3.

Alex
My oldest son. You were such a happy baby, as I held you in my arms while we chased the 3-year old Katie around. And boy, did she make us run! You have always loved learning, and you even learned to read by just listening to me teach Katie. I didn't know that you were at first because you couldn't speak, but you were. Reading books is still something that fills much of your time. You love to sit at the table and do schoolwork. You still like to hear the Thomas the Tank Engine stories, which Dad reads to you every night, even though I am pretty sure that you know them all by heart. You continually surprise me, and I am looking forward to more surprises in the future. I am grateful that God has entrusted you to me.

4.

Sam
My strong and quiet baby. You were the most content of my babies. When you were just one or two years old, you could carry a gallon of milk in one hand and a gallon of bleach in the other and often did so as you helped us unload the car after grocery shopping. You were sweet and kind and thoughtful and at very young age, and you still are, because that is who you are. Part of your core being. I am so grateful to know you and even more grateful to be your Mom.

5.

James
My creative builder. You showed a definate interest in things with wheels the first day you were born. You would quietly watch me run a car along the blankets for as long as I would do it. A few years later, the inclination for buildng things emerged and you have delighted us with your creations ever since. You are willing to go along with almost anything and often let your little brother get his way, just because you are so easy-going. You are so brave. You stayed out the the tent we set up in our backyard one year the longest and was never scared. I am so grateful that you have entered my life and our family. It most certainly would not be the same without you.

6.
Quentin
My all-grown-up baby. You have brought such happiness to everyone who knows you. You were the only baby who preferred me and not Dad! We spent so much time cuddling and talking and playing games. You are funny and lively. You don't like to be left behind, and so you are willing to stretch yourself! You are smart and clever. You are a born actor as you love to pretend every day, usually several different things each day, and it is how you like to learn best. I am so grateful that you made our family complete.

7 comments:

  1. I'm thinking if our kids ever got together there would be serious mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thankful post. What you shared about each of loved ones is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your memories of each person in your family. Isn't it amazing how alike and yet unalike they all are? What beautiful personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family and what a long friendship. My closest girlfriends and I are closing in on knowing each other 20 years. I'd be lost without them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Sweet Sweet. I too have grown to love and appreciate your adorable family from the wonderful way you write about them. (and YOU too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.