Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Versatile Blogger Award from Learning All the Time!


Big thanks to Susan at Learning All the Time! for this blog award.
learning ALL the time!!

The rules of the award are: 1) thank the giver, 2) share 7 things about yourself, and 3) award 15 bloggers with the award.

1. I have a BA in Theatre.
2. I worked as a counselor at several prisons.
3. My father was a old-time waterman on the Chesapeake Bay. By "old-time" I mean he used to hand tong oysters and trotline crabbing.
4. My all-time favorite book is Watership Down by Richard Adams.
5. I didn't have my first child until I was 30 years old.
6. My favorite animals are rabbits and giraffes.
7. When I was younger (in collage), my photography was entered in several Art Shows (and won Honorable Mention in one!)



1. Random Thoughts of a Supermom
2. Autism in a Word (Rhema's Hope)
3. Bugs, Knights and Turkeys in the Yard
4. Day to Day
5. Dirt Under My Nails
6. Discover Their Gifts
7. Tinker Lab
8. Giverslog
9. House Full of Jays
10. Housing a Forest
11. Karmamatopeia
12. Little Homeschool Blessings
13. Make Happy
14. Many Skies Momma
15. Freedom Three

8 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list of facts!
    Being a counselor in a prison must have been a challenging job! I worked as a social worker in a group home for adolescent boys, and that was rough...I don't think I would have wanted to work in a prison.
    My daughter Jenna's favorite animal is the rabbit, and I have always admired giraffes. I watched a PBS documentary one time about them, and have been amazed by them ever since :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Watership Down as well. I read it a lot in junior high.

    It must have been interesting to be a prison counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS!!! That is so awesome! Your blog is the most inspiring ever! So many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--thanks for the award! I'm very honored!

    I loved Watership Down, too! I should re-read it, because it's been a looooong time. And I probably read it when I was too young to really understand everything.

    I remember being fascinated with the glossary at the end, and just bawling during the sad parts! Definitely one of my all-time favorites, too!

    Confession: I've always been a little scared of rabbits. My roommate in college had a pet rabbit and it wasn't friendly. I know rabbits can be great pets, but I've always been wary of them. Silly, huh?

    Being a prison counselor must have been interesting, and probably tough, too. I'm sure you heard lots of sad and scary stories.

    Thanks again for mentioning me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thank you very much for the award! You know, reading Watership Down has been on my list of things to do for like the past 10 years or so... thanks for the jumpstart - I just downloaded it on my kindle!
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a neat insight into your life...I find even more about you to admire and find interesting...theater? I don't think I would have guessed. Prison counseling must be interesting - I bet you had many things to think about as you learned about people who had made poor life decisions.

    I used to be a bill collector in one of my previous incarnations...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.