Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Summer Bucket List: Operation Rescue Super Heroes


"The best laid plans..." of moving and taking our two week vacation being abruptly put on hold left us with an entirely different set of challenges. We spent the first week or so just adjusting to a new schedule of nursing care and physical therapy. Now that we are in a new rhythm, we are looking toward new plans for the rest of the summer...or at least for the next week. We are looking for simple summer activities for the boys that don't need a lot of supplies.


It is super simple thrifty fun.
It only requires gathering plastic super hero figures and a villain...


and then setting out the clues and figures in the right places.


You could adapt it to your children's own interests and they could rescue a princess or go on a spy mission. Just adjust the clues to reflect whatever idea you've come up with.


The clues even can be reading practice for the reluctant reader.


You should have seen how excited they were to follow the clues to the next destination.


For the end of the hunt, they found their heroes frozen in ice...


and they had wonderful fun playing with the ice, breaking their heroes out...


on a hot summer afternoon.


The outcome of the game?
The heroes were rescued...


and the villain was captured by the police.


originally posted 7/14/11

source: This idea comes entirely from I Am Momma -Hear Me Roar via On {the laundry} Line

10 comments:

  1. I've been looking at toys in ice block ideas this week - but this is the best one I've seen. I love the way you put it together! Way to roll with the punches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My youngest would LOVE this! (It's too made I'm feeling under the weather again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun for the boys! I hope all is well with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love it and will be borrowing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this superhero scavenger hunt. My kids would love this. I'm putting it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SO have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! I have done scavenger hunts several times for Kei and she does them for me, but this is great! It has a story line. I will be doing this Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Phyllis,

    I featured this at the summertime fun party this week. I really think this is such a fun activity! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha ha ha, this is still awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.