Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Shark Math!

After our fun with our Watermelon Shark, the boys were all into have fun with sharks. I remembered this great craft at Almost Unschoolers for making a paper shark, so we thought we would make some ourselves to give the boys a shark they could play with.
All you need is a white paper plate for the mouth, blue construction paper for the body and either some googly eyes or paper for the eyes. Pop on over the Almost Unschoolers for the tutorial on how to make them.

Add some Goldfish crackers and you can have some fun with math practice.
Today the boys started with 10 goldfish in the sea and rolled a die to see how many goldfish the shark would eat each turn. First one to zero wins that round, and they both eat them right out of the shark's mouth!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this craft when I seen it at Leah's. I really love your math extension. To think Selena wanted me to buy Gold Fish yesterday, darn I missed the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this one? They turned out great! I love the addition of the crackers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.