Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

This Beautiful Moment, spring at the beach edition and Snapshot Summary {week 27}

{this moment}

A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments at SouleMama for all to find and see.
Snapshot Summary April 4-8


4
Monday
Daily Math Problems
Teens game
Review of Roman Numerals
Division with Decimals
Addition with Vectors
Time at the beach


5
Tuesday
It rained hard all morning. We spent the morning in the library, shopped for groceries and ate lunch out and it was into the afternoon before we returned home.
We played Forbidden Island. The boys love it.

Katie (white) and James (red) are in the lead.


6
Wednesday
breakfast sundaes
Picture Study
Intaglio printing
Geography-Postcard Album-Philippines
Philippines dinner

In our Galleon/Privateer game, the Galleons (white, red and blue) are ahead, with Katie (white) in the lead and James (red) not too far behind.


7
Thursday
Spain in the Renaissance
Shakespeare
Reading/spelling
Writing

8
Friday
Size and Color of Eggs
Cloning
Upside Down Tamale Pie for dinner


15 comments:

  1. Great summary! We went to the beach this week as well...even though there's still snow on the ground! LOL

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE beach photos! There is just something magical about the beach. I wish I lived closer to our shoreline :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo is outstandingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a busy week!! I love the first picture- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am constantly in awe of the great things you do with your kids!!! We have Forbidden Island and we LOVE it. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    Is the Galleon/Privateer Game something you made? Looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen- The Galleon/Privateer game is based on a simulation from Interact simulations-http://www.interact-simulations.com/c/product.html?nocache@2+s@URleNbXBWuBcM+record@TF41223
    I used their map. Most of their assignments were writing journal entries as if aboard ship, which did not appeal to my boys. They also had most of the movement for the ships determined by things like how far you could throw a paper airplane and things like that. I wanted them tied more to relavant assignments. I totally changed the assignments and set-up of the game. If you would like to see it from the start, you can go here-
    http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/privateers-and-spanish-galleons-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a busy week! Love the beach photos. We are still having dreary, cool weather here and we are desperately in need of some sun! Thanks for linking up this week and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phyllis, you are wonderful. Right now I am crawling into your beach pictures. You'll see me popping over any time now. Watch out - everybody will want to come too! Beautiful week. I know y'all were so ready to get to your sandy spot in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely beach and schoolroom photos!

    Visiting today from SouleMama. Here's a link to our moment:: http://gadboisfamily.com/2011/04/08/this-moment-red-letter-duck/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the beach pictures!

    this week the baby was being a baby - http://worldofwiedz.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-moment_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you laid out your week! It strikes me how many games a fun activities took place. I am visiting you from Jen's blog and will follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great week! The beach photos make me more excited about our spring break next week. We are headed to our beach also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like you have had a very busy week. Love the beach picture we don't live anywhere near a beach. Would love to walk in the sand:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the way that you've summarized the whole week in images. I found you on SouleMama. Here's our moment (just one though :) ) http://lacafetiere.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-moment_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you posted your week. I have also really enjoyed your Science Sunday link ups!

    I am glad you shared about the Forbidden Island game- we love gamewright games and I have not heard of this one.

    About our Science Sunday this week @ Keeping it Simple- the experiment states that "air is a *fluid*". My husband just used the water as a visual to show that it acted the same way as the air in that situation.
    http://www.explorationeducation.com/Newsletter/April2011/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.