Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Haven, Day Four

Continue in a few chores around the house
Bless a friend
Do something for husband

The breakfast bars I made yesterday went very quickly and there were some wanting more of them, so they were a big hit. This gave me a some extra quiet time in the morning.
I decided to make my husband a caramel cake today because he has been wanting a rich cake for some time now.

This, of course, made a very happy little boy as well as he got the paddle to lick.
I decided to clean the family room today. The boys all helped and that was great because it was a big job.
We had spicy German sausage and cabbage for dinner. We talked about ideas of what to include in a surprise package for a friend so that we might bless her.
I was planning to play board games with the boys after dinner, but they decided to watch The Muppet Show (on disk) instead.

 So, I decided to make the icing for the cake...
 and finish the cake.
Since half the family can't have the caramel cake, I made this Flourless Chocolate Cake for them.
And now, it is reading time before bed, so we will cut the cakes for them to eat while they listen.

Join us in making your home a haven at

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely day and the cake looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a cosy day!
    I love baking days they always tend to bring everyone together :)
    The caramel icing looks so yummy by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your making your home a haven posts. Rethinking how we do things makes so much sense every once and a while.

    Love the look of the caramel cake. I bet it disappears fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake looks very very yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.