Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

This Beautiful Moment (Hand Puppets Edition} and Snapshot Summary February 28-March 4: Haven Week

{this moment}

A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments at SouleMama for all to find and see.
Snapshot Summary February 28-March 4: Haven Week 
Last week we were sick and yet we continued on with our school work in the snatches of time we felt well enough. Now, we are facing a new week and are exhausted before we start, drained from endless coughs, sniffles and fevers. I didn't want to enter the week dreading balancing school work and finding the energy to catch up on housework. I needed to turn things around. The first thing I decided was to take the week off from school so that it would be a thing we looked forward to when we were well enough to do it happily. The second decision rested with what I would do with the week. Once I saw this suggestion over at The Homespun Heart, I realized that what I needed was a change of attitude about the coming week. I needed not to focus on all that needed to be done that I perhaps wasn't feeling up to doing, but look at it as an opportunity to take care of myself and my family. To make my home a haven.
28
Monday
Make Your Home a Haven: Day One
Spend time with Him cementing your plan.
Make breakfast special....German Apple Pancake
Do something to bless your nest....cleaned kitchen, add bowls of fruit and vases of herbs around the house.
1
Tuesday
James' new braces. Remember his teeth from his first set? See how much they have straightened?
Make Your Home a Haven, Day Two
French Breakfast Puffs
Write a handwritten note to someone.
Tidy up your home.
Pray for the home to be a haven.
Take a few pictures of things that catch your eye.
2
Wednesday
Make Your Home a Haven, Day Three
Quiet Time - spending extra time in prayer
Home - working on some needed chores, cleaning...straightened up the laundry room
Family - make a nice dinner with dessert...Garlic Shrimp Pasta and spinach salad for dinner
made breakfast bars for tomorrow
boys outside on the trampoline

3
Thursday
Make Your Home a Haven, Day Four
Continue in a few chores around the house...cleaned the family room
Bless a friend...planned a care package for a friend
Do something for husband...made a caramel cake
and a flourless chocolate cake for the kids

4
Friday
Make Your Home a Haven, Day Five
Plan a Family Night activity.-Dominoes
Tidy: Start at the front door and work through the house.-Cleaned School Area instead.
Broccoli, Shells & Cheese and Cashew Chicken for dinner.
Share the highlight of your week - from your haven!

5
Saturday
Look what the boys enjoyed watching while Steven shopped for groceries!




9 comments:

  1. Yeah James! Your teeth look so straight! I am wanting to try that apple pancake thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun hand puppets! I have so enjoyed all your haven posts this week. Oh lovely cakes! (And, pssst!, we did the Oreo moon phases. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your pictures from the week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the puppet picture. Just reminded me of my two little girls for a moment. They have an ongoing game of "friends" played out with little toys when they can find them, and their fingers when they can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post and pictures! Focusing on making your home a haven is a beautiful idea. If everyone is taken care of, I'm sure all other things fall into place so much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you have all been sick! But looks like you made a great decision and kept a positive attitude through it all!

    Thanks for your encouragement at Treasured Chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your snapshots of your week! Isn't it nice that as homeschoolers we have the flexibility to change up our schedules as needed? I'm so glad we did this past week, we all needed it! I hope you're all feeling better and have a great upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great "this moment" picture. :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of haven week. After I read your post, I told my husband I wanted to do this during spring break (from homeschool co-op).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.