Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

This Beautiful Moment {Miniature Snowman Edition} & Snapshot Summary January 10-16 {Week 17}

{this moment}
A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments at SouleMama for all to find and see.

Snapshot Summary January 10-16


10
Monday
A Treehouse for Robin Hood and his Merry Men
Math Word Problems
27 pages of Explode the Code because he wanted to
Writing
Translating Latin
11
Tuesday
Making a Rubber Ball (polymer)
Making our own paint & painting pictures with it.
Picture Study: Madonna della Sedia
Hymns: Sanctus
Piano lesson.



12
Wednesday
Snow Nature Study Projects
Snow play
drawing
Postcard Geography: Colorado
Greek
India
13
Thursday
Rangoli  Pictures
Reading
Writing
Latin
14
Friday
A Galleon ship made from half-gallon cartons
Surface Ocean Currents
Pretend Play: Indiana Jones

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you have had a number of special moments this week! Best wishes for many more in the weeks to come!

    Stopping by via soulemama from The New Mommy Files, where you can find our moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. another fantastic week! love Robin Hood's home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's my kind of snow man the small ones because I can make snow man families :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week!!! I like your summary of snapshots idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Robin Hood's home too, and It was the same Maria's home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giozi- No, it was a different one we had for Mary's stable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! The 5th picture is my favorite.

    You are certainly good about taking lots of pictures, I see! I am just the opposite - I'm really bad at remembering the camera. A lot of the time, I'm just witnessing something and I dont want to miss it by going to get the camera! Thank goodness my hubby is good about it otherwise we'd have no pictures! :)

    I'm stopping by from Soule Mama's {This Moment}. I hope you'll do the same! You can see our moment @ http://sofiasideas.com/2011/01/14/this-moment-12/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun and productive week. Love the pictures as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lots of snowy moments! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.