Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

This Beautiful Moment: Gingerbread Village Edition and Snapshot Summary December 13-18 {Week 15}

{this moment}

A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments at SouleMama for all to find and see.
Snapshot Summary December 13-18


13
Monday
Saint Lucia Day
Studying Japan
James and Alex at allergist appointments (2.5 hours away)
mourning for a bloggy friend

14
Tuesday
Sam had to go to his epilepsy doctor today.
At home we made wrapping paper 
glitter
Christmas music
wood fire
Everything cookies 
Medieval Japan

15
Wednesday
Gingerbread Village made.
Da Vinci's Sketches
Gifts are made

Sand-molds with wet sand  were left to freeze.

16
Thursday
It snowed! A dusting, but at least it was some.
Las Posadas
Gingerbread House Books
Gingerbread Cookies
Ginger Ale

17
Friday
made Gingerbread Cookies
and Key Lime Pie
Shopping
Quentin lost a tooth
watched Christmas shows
and celebrated our 20th Anniversery...
My advise is to avoid getting married or having a baby during the month of December.
I have done both and they get lost in the hectic rush of Christmas!
We got married between his semesters in graduate school.
James was born just three days after Christmas, so we celebrate his half-birthday in June instead.
Perhaps we should celebrate our half-anniversaries too. : )
Actually, I have two extra presents that most people don't have for the Christmas season;
a reminder of two of the very best things that have happened in my life!
18
Saturday
made spritz cookies
and sub roll loaves
made presents
played games
Egg Nog Ice Cream sandwiches




11 comments:

  1. My granddaughters made gingerbread houses this week too. I love the detail here.

    my moment: http://carolburris.com/knitting/just-a-moment-6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a week you had!!! We are attempting our first gingerbread houses tomorrow (sat.) Advent blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like always a lot of pictures. We neeeever can put only one, ha ha ha ha. I too difficult. ;)

    Ohhh I saw this week in many blogs about gingerbread houses, is a common tradition really, Is it mus to do in a specific day or week? before christmas?

    Sorry for my English, Is difficult to me let me explain.

    Here mine: http://www.giozi.com/2010/12/this-moment-llego-el-jamon.html
    Is about a ham that my husband bought by internet an came this week. He was so happy like a child.

    Have a nice weekend with your beautiful children. Thanks again for you kind detail, I mentioned this last tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love the gingerbread houses...looks like SUCH fun!

    Here's my moment: http://www.weeman.ca/2010/12/this-moment_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun week full of so many good things. Did we send the snow your way? It was fun to see those fancy, fat flakes floating and sip some hot chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you eat this? How do you paste them? with glu? or you can eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again :D
    Because I was thinking that despite I having screwed up the first time, you always have been so kind to me.

    Do you know what is the name of my blog? The thousand and one bloopers, from a woman, mother and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos! Maybe it will inspire me to take more pictures.
    Janet W
    http://homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are making all kinds of yummy and fun memories. Nice to meet you too !

    Blessings in Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.