Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Let's Get Messy! (It is Part of the Season.)


Today we made homemade wrapping paper. I rolled out a long sheet of paper...

and got out all the Christmas stamps...

and let them free to do whatever they wanted.

That led to getting out the glitter.

We put on Christmas music.


(Ornament Templates at Permanent Posies)



The wood fire made it warm and cozy.

Katie made cookies in the kitchen.


Soon the cookie smells filled the air.
(Great idea for a No Mess Christmas Tree at Frugal Family Fun using circle stickers if you are not as stupid -I mean as brave- as I am.)

I would include a recipe for these yummy cookies, but she made it up as she went along. I can only tell you that they were oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries, chocolate chips, raisins, cinnamon and fruit cake mix in them.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a lot of cozy fun - but I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to clean it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love making our own wrapping paper. I've found that we need to make lots of it, otherwise they don't want to part with it! Too uch fun has been had.

    Glitter. The husband of a fantastic childminder that I know, swears that one day they will be knee deep in glitter. Over the top or what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your wood fire.

    Looks like a great night was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun story that goes with the mess, Leah- that night, long after we had swept and vacuumed, my husband broke a glass in the kitchen and he was sweeping it up but kept seeing what he thought was little shards of glass. Turns out it was glitter that had transported to the kitchen from the dining room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.