Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Snapshot Summary, April 2017

This spring has had very variable weather, some days quite chilly and others as warm as summer.


Remember the tree that I have been following throughout the seasons? 
Well, in one week, the tree went from having buds...
 to having leaves popping out all over.

We had a beautifully spooky moon one night when we went to pick up Katie at the college.

 The boys enjoyed going to First Friday roller skating while Katie and I went to Produce Junction (wholesale Farmer's Market).

 We had a really beautiful Easter. I made up these little baskets to put at each person's place setting for Easter dinner.
 James (Quentin and Alex did one or two) colored Easter Eggs, which were turned into Deviled Eggs for Easter dinner.
 James also collected some ivy to decorate the table.
 Hope brought a beautiful flower which also decorated the table.
 I switched up the Easter egg hunt this year so it would appeal to the kids now that they are older. I put battery-operated tea lights in large plastic eggs and Steven set them out in the backyard.
 It was so much fun to see them racing around in the dark with these lit eggs in their hands. Definitely a hit. Even the kids in their 20's participated.
James has enjoyed his MTG club.
On a less happy note, Hope was in a bad car accident, which totaled her car and broke her collar bone. (Any prayers for her speedy recovery would be appreciated!) I took her car shopping for a replacement car, and she settled on this Kia Soul in alien green. (Don't you just love the names they have for car colors?) I think our Kias are friends already!

More about the homeschooling aspects of the month will be in a different post.



5 comments:

  1. The Easter table looks lovely!! My kids would have really enjoyed a place setting of chocolatey awesomeness like yours received :) And yes, the Kia names... I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I've heard that is a super painful broken bone to recover from.

    What a fun idea for an Easter Egg Hunt, one of my friends met her husband playing glow in the dark golf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Hope.
    Aren't all your children looking so grown up? I love Katie's picture on the blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so grown up! It's a difficult transition for me as I see my retirement from homeschooling coming to a conclusion.

      Delete
    2. They are so grown up! It's a difficult transition for me as I see my retirement from homeschooling coming to a conclusion.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.