Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

May 15-19, 2016, Snapshot Summary, House Remodel, week 4

After the play went off without a hitch, we rested the next day because we were so tired. At least that was what we thought. However, when Monday rolled around, it became obvious that we had the flu. For the rest of the week, the ones that were most well took care of those that were the most unwell, in rotation.
During all this, the construction workers came and went sporadically. The appliances came and were installed, the flooring was laid in the dining room and a section of hard wood flooring was laid around the wood stove hearth. Various other small jobs were also completed.
We are looking foward to getting back to some semblance of normal for this coming week, hopefully with a more regular posting schedule.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you all got the flu. I am trying so hard to keep us well. Anne has gotten strep throat during or right after the spring show for the last five years in a row. I dread that happening again. One more weekend to go.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, the flu A and flu B were going around our friends' circles. In May. Thought that was odd. I'm sorry you all had it. I bet you are so happy to have the kitchen back together. It sure turned out beautiful. I was thinking of you as I painted my kitchen last weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry ya'll shared the flu around, that's not cool.

    I keep thinking I'll find life getting back to normal, but it's just not happening, I don't think normal exists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.