Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Celebrating National Peanut Butter Day!

source
To celebrate National Peanut Butter Day...
  Katie made us these Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana "Dog" sandwiches...
 which very much got the attention of our dog.
 We also had peanut butter cookies for dessert.
The basic idea is that one person has in front of them all the things you need to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a second person has to guide the first person through the steps of making the sandwich as if the person has no idea how to do so. The first person must follow the instructions exactly. Lots of laughter always ensues. For example, when I was told to put the knife in the peanut butter, I put it in just as I picked it up, which happened to be handle down into the peanut butter. It is a lot of fun to do.

Happy National Peanut Butter Day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, peanut butter is AWESOME! I made some no bake PB Cup bars for this weekend. Super easy! Mix 1 cup crushed graham crackers, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 stick melted butter, and 1 cup of PB together. Spread in an 8x8 pan lines with tinfoil. Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 T PB in the microwave. Spread over the top of the PB mixture in the pan. Chill for 1 hour. Pull out using the tinfoil. Cut into bars. Yummy! (Great new look to the blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a national peanut butter day, or at least, I don't think we do. Your's looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that many Americans are even aware of National Peanut Butter day, but that is part of what makes it so fun...it is unique and playful.

      Delete
  3. How fun! And your dog...so adorable...just looking so patient ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to convince my kids of the awesomeness of peanut butter and bananas the other day and they all looked at me as if I'd taken leave of my senses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.