Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

October 16-22, 2015, Our Homeschool Weekly Report, Days 29-33

October 16-22

Life has been very busy for us lately. In addition to our regular school work, James has been learning more how to cook independently.
Sunrise on the way to DuPont Hospital for Children.
 We got the results of the intensive testing we had done for James at DuPont Hospital for Children. There were no real surprises but it is always hard to see what you already know written in black and white (such as his reading level is mid-first grade). Also, I was hoping for new insight or instruction, but they didn't really have much advise except to keep on as we have been doing. I suppose that should make me feel good, but it was depressing instead. (Perhaps I may be inspired to write a series on the techniques we have been using.} At least we have the pieces in place to allow James' schooling to go at about half the pace as the regular student, with him graduating probably at the same time Quentin graduates.

Quentin has started rehearsals for The Christmas Carol and so he is in his element. The cast seems to love their Tiny Tim as well, so all is happy on that front.

Quentin has also begun running his own role-playing campaign, which is also a delight to see. Although he said that it was difficult, he made it look easy as he was able to maintain both the creativity and the game mechanics {with the use of a calculator :)} with seeming ease.
We began our mock trial class at our co-op with the students writing their own opening statements and we are continuing with rehearsals for Murder at the Banquet, despite setbacks of the loss of a cast member.
days 29-33
How was your week?


Join me at...

5 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I'm amazed, as usual, at all the the drama work you fit in. I'm sorry the hospital findings were discouraging for you. It's difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the right words to say regarding the hospital notes. You are such an AMAZING mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about the results not giving you more insight or instruction on how to increase success. We have found a lack of advice too. It is depressing at times. Praying for you.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry the hospital findings weren't as helpful as you'd hoped. I'm sure a series on how you're teaching him would be really interesting, and helpful for other parents in your situation.

    My boys attempt to run role-playing campaigns, but they never quite come up with scenarios, just lots of fights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you didn't get any new words of wisdom for James. I have been disappointed like that, too. But at least you do know that you have been doing a great job all along! I, for one, would love to see a series on how you work with him! Hugs, my friend, <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.