|The boys looking over the new packs of cards Hope bought them before the trading commenced.|
Magic The Gathering Party
On Saturday, I went to my sister-in-law's for my annual fall BFF retreat.
We went to this farmer's market where they had baskets of various sizes which you could fill for various sums with whatever you wanted. I bought lots of fruits and vegetables including an Asian pear, Japanese eggplants, and a Daikon radish. I bought a jar of jam and some artisan bread. Then we bought two dozen of the best blue crabs I have had in years. We ate our fill and then picked out the rest for crabcakes the next day.
Monday and Tuesday
26 and 27
On Monday I went with Brenda to the library where she volunteers and to her Tai Chi class. On Tuesday, we went to the Sunrise Garden. Back at home, Steven took Quentin to his rehearsals.
Wednesday and Thursday
28 and 29
Co-op and The Ultimate Halloween Party
On Wednesday, I came home and we went to (or taught) co-op classes. On Thursday, we had the Ultimate Halloween Party.
On the menu was Ghostly Shepard's Pie,
Roasted Red Pepper "Pumpkin" Deviled Eggs, Dracula Burgers, Mummy Cheese Sticks,
Poison Candied Apples and Spider Web Cake, Spiced Cider and
pumpkin spiced latte.
We had the traditional games such as donuts on a string.
We made candy bats,
owls and monsters.
We bobbed for apples.
We carved Jack O' Lanterns out of pumpkins or turnips and we watched the 1931 Frankenstein movie. We had more planned,
(ghostly craft and roasting marshmallows), but ran out of time, so we are likely to do those before Halloween.
sources and resources:
- Printable Halloween Bottle Labels at The Elli Blog and Skip to My Lou
- Pumpkin Spiced Latte at Thriving Home
- Ghostly Shepard's Pie adapted from the recipe at Pillsbury
- Roasted Red Pepper "Pumpkin" Deviled Eggs at The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Poison Candied Apples from Simply Delicious
- Mini Chocolate Bat Bites at Chelsea's Messy Apron
- The History of Halloween and Turnip Jack O' Lanterns
- Cheesecloth Floating Ghost Craft at Everyday Crafting Gift
Join me at...