We went to Pirates and Wenches Fantasy Weekend,
Rock Hall, Maryland.
Sam and I went with Eddie and Hope for Eddie's admission to the hospital. We left Hope's house at noon and he wasn't finally admitted until about 6:30 that evening. Needless to say, it was a long day. He got is PIC line in and a procedure to get a biopsy of the bacteria that is in his lungs. Please pray for Eddie and Hope.
I am sure that he would love to receive a card from anyone who is able to send him one. Just send them to me at Phyllis Bergenholtz, 9 Wheeler Avenue, Betterton, MD 21610 and I will pass them along to Eddie when we visit him again. He will be in the hospital for a minimum of two weeks, and most likely much more.
We had sundaes and game night with Hope.
We went for eye exams, and blood tests and did a bit of thrift store shopping along the way.
We went to Fort Miles for World War II Games...
and then to the ocean for the rest of the day. WWII Games was a huge disappointment this time. Last time we went it was the best activity we had ever done, and this time it was reduced to Capture the Flag with squirt guns. The up side of it is that we have decided to host our own WWII Games for our own homeschool group, so you will see more about it in the future.
- Learned about the pastimes of a Medieval king and the daily life of a Medieval queen and wrote in their history journals.
- Made crowns and king's and queen's costumes.
- Played Battling Tops and Leap Frog.
- Learned more about Medieval music.
- Learned about warfare techniques in the Middle Ages and wrote in their history journal.
- Learned about the geography of the United Kingdom.
Katie holds the handwashing bowl for Sam.
- Learned about the manners at a Medieval Feast wrote in their history journal.
Sources and Resources: