Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

June 26-July 2 Our Homeschool Weekly Report, week 31

June 26-July 2

This week was filled with lots of social activities for all of us!
This nightstand greeted me at Brenda's.

 It started out with a BFF retreat to Brenda's house for me. We talked. We laughed. We ate at Nagoya and PaneraShe shared with me bits of her life with my late brother Phil. We talked some more. We cried. She made "Cape May" sandwiches and stuffed pork chops from Bowen's. We went shopping at Bowen's and at a used book store. We went to the library. We watched movies together.



 Meanwhile, back at home, Sam did the nightly reading with the younger boys.
 When they came to pick me up, we ate pizza at Ledos. Brenda gave Quentin a red scarf, which he now calls his "lucky charm."
 We had 14 1/2 birthday party for James with Carvel ice cream cake Brenda bought for him.
The biggest thing this week, however, is Quentin starting his drama camp. It was the first time he had prepared a song and a reading as an audition. He finds out what part he got on Monday.
 He is making friends there.
Eddie having fun during a break during our game night.
 We had a game night with friends...
 and a Magic the Gathering gathering...
 in which we had 10 boys playing in three separate groups...
 one group for each of my boys...
 The winners of each group then had a playoff game. Eddie was the champion of the whole afternoon.
 And, of course, we are still enjoying our puppy, Midas.
Homemade Blueberry Coffee Cake my friend, Julie, gave me.


week 31
This week our focus was on the Medieval knight. The boys...
 
  • got together a knight's costume and roleplayed being a page, a squire, a minstrel and a knight.
  • reviewed the code of chivalry.
  • made a play swords and had a sword fight and a jousting tournament. 
  • made a play battle axe and practiced throwing them.
  • made a shield.
  • learned about Medieval Venice and the Mongol Empire and wrote about them in their history journals.
Sources and Resources: 


What has your week been like?


Join me at...
Don't forget the Memes here at All Things Beautiful:
  • History and Geography on Thursdays
  • Science on Sundays

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet puppy. The nightstand is great. I wish I was better making cute baskets like that. I am glad you had a nice time away.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous week. I'd love a best-friends retreat like what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Quentin will enjoy his drama camp! It sounds lovely. I hope you came back home from your retreat with even more energy than you usually have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Phyllis, I have missed your amazing posts. You manage to get so much learning into every week. I love the drama camp and good luck to Quentin. Your retreat sounds lovely. And Midas is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfectly perfect week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.