|June 26-July 2|
This week was filled with lots of social activities for all of us!
|This nightstand greeted me at Brenda's.|
It started out with a BFF retreat to Brenda's house for me. We talked. We laughed. We ate at Nagoya and Panera. She shared with me bits of her life with my late brother Phil. We talked some more. We cried. She made "Cape May" sandwiches and stuffed pork chops from Bowen's. We went shopping at Bowen's and at a used book store. We went to the library. We watched movies together.
Meanwhile, back at home, Sam did the nightly reading with the younger boys.
When they came to pick me up, we ate pizza at Ledos. Brenda gave Quentin a red scarf, which he now calls his "lucky charm."
We had 14 1/2 birthday party for James with Carvel ice cream cake Brenda bought for him.
The biggest thing this week, however, is Quentin starting his drama camp. It was the first time he had prepared a song and a reading as an audition. He finds out what part he got on Monday.
He is making friends there.
|Eddie having fun during a break during our game night.|
We had a game night with friends...
and a Magic the Gathering gathering...
in which we had 10 boys playing in three separate groups...
one group for each of my boys...
The winners of each group then had a playoff game. Eddie was the champion of the whole afternoon.
And, of course, we are still enjoying our puppy, Midas.
|Homemade Blueberry Coffee Cake my friend, Julie, gave me.|
- got together a knight's costume and roleplayed being a page, a squire, a minstrel and a knight.
- reviewed the code of chivalry.
- made a play swords and had a sword fight and a jousting tournament.
- made a play battle axe and practiced throwing them.
- made a shield.
- learned about Medieval Venice and the Mongol Empire and wrote about them in their history journals.
Sources and Resources:
What has your week been like?
Join me at...
- Weekly Wrap-Up by Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Friendship Friday at Faith, Hope and Love
- History and Geography on Thursdays
- Science on Sundays