Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ................................................................................................................painting by Katie Bergenholtz

April 10-16, 2015 Our Homeschool Weekly Report, week 24


April 10-16, 2015

The weather here in Maryland has finally turned a bit warmer and we even have some spring-like days. We celebrated with Cheerwine floats.


We celebrated National Grilled Cheese day with these Caprice Sandwiches which have pesto, mozzarella and tomato on sourdough bread and then grilled. 
 We have been eating well.
 We have been super busy, but we managed to fit in time to create. Quentin created these wolves out of clay and Katie is still working on her applique/embroidery project.
week 24
 We managed to fit in a bit of schoolwork...some math problems, some English work...
 finished up our study of South America...
Quentin's (age 10) notebook, with notes of his narrations.
and learned about Vikings (post coming).
Quentin's (age 10) notebook, with notes of his narrations.

 We completed building our rockets and launch day is set for next Wednesday.
I have been too busy to take pictures during rehearsals, but I did snap this photo of some of the actors after rehearsal.
We have had two play rehearsals this week and some time out for lunch with friends.

What did you do this week? 

Join me at...
Don't forget the Memes here at All Things Beautiful:
  • History and Geography on Thursdays
  • Science on Sundays

7 comments:

  1. What did we do this week? Hmmm...once again, not nearly as much as you :) Your weeks are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of of cheerwine. I'll have to look into that! The sandwich reminds me of Panera Bread's mozzarella panini! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent week. I look forward to the post on your rocket. It looks great.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a good week indeed. As for us, I'm still trying to adapt to the new swim team schedule. I've decided that my new normal day is to "expect the unexpected". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know in all the time we spent learning about Vikings we didn't build any ships, this is an oversight I might need to go back and rectify this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It amazes me that over all these years you continue to do fun, exciting things with your kids. As always I love seeing all the things you have been up to. I love Quentin's clay wolves and the Viking ships. Happy Sunday Phyllis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a huge variety of activities you did this week. The clay wolves are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.