Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ................................................................................................................painting by Katie Bergenholtz

March 5-12, 2015; Our Homeschool Weekly Report, week 19


March 5-12, 2015



This week began with snow and ice. It was really beautiful, but I am really ready for spring now.

We had to do some remodeling to our kitchen to make room for this new stove. (We had a wall oven and stove top before.)

At co-op this week James and Quentin earned pins for answering 20 trivia questions correctly.

The kids have been working on their Mission Possible tasks. Alex's task was to make three postcards and mail them to Aunt Brenda this week. He loved the task! She also mailed him three postcards on the same days.

week 19
123...I Can Paint! A Fireworks Sky with various Painting Techniques
 Alex made another painting this week, this time of a fireworks scene.

Sam as the blind storyteller in The Keeper of the Tales. The girls in the background are buyers and sellers at the bazaar.
 The play rehearsals are going well and we have a place (same theater as last year) and date (May 8) for the play.
Sketch of set plans by Denise. 
There are a million and one details to work out, but fortunately I have a lot of moms working with me on it.

In math this week we studied triangles in preparation for the triangulation. We also covered Pythagorean theorem.

We studied Brazil this week in our World Geography and Culture studies and had this lovely Black Bean Stew with Mango Salsa to celebrate finishing up.
We learned about the Magyars and Bohemians (896-1273)
  • Read from The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World HistoryA Child’s History of the World by V.M. Hillyer, Story of the World, Volume 2: The Middle Ages by Susan Wise Bauer or The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia. Make notes of key words as you read. Write a few sentences about what you have learned in your history notebook. Another option is to use the Medieval History Portfolio, Homeschool Journey.
  • Color an appropriate map such as the one with History Odyssey, Pandia Press, Level 1 (1-4th grade), Level 2 (5th-8th grade).
  • Include appropriate dates on your timeline.


Don't forget that Saturday is National Pi Day.

How was your week?
Related Posts:


Join me at...
Don't forget the Memes here at All Things Beautiful:
  • History and Geography on Thursdays
  • Science on Sundays

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely week. That is right! IT is PI day tomorrow and what a special one too.
    3.14.15.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and if you eat your pie at 9:26 and 53 seconds you come even closer to celebrating pi's full potential. LOL

      Delete
  2. That looks like a very full & fun week!

    Can't believe the snow you have. It's been sunny and snow is melting here (until today when it decided to start snowing again.... sigh...). I'm ready for spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the most amazing things going on here. I am looking forward to hearing how the final production of the play goes! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow collage is beautiful. But I bet you are ready for spring. Enjoy cooking on your shiny new stove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been feeling the same way about snow. Your model rocketry class sounds fascinating! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m with you on being ready for spring. So incredibly ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least your snow was beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that snow. We've had NONE this year. :-( Love your model rocketry class -- I think my Grant would be super interested in that!

    Have a good weekend, Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That salsa looks very good, my mouth is watering!
    I know I said this last week, but I really love the mission impossible tasks. Would you do a post on them, because I would love for mum to do something similar with my younger girls and would love for you to share some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oddly, Jeremiah reported to me that today was National Pi Day! I had never heard of it before and I was very surprised that he was on the computer doing something other than playing games! The new stove looks so nice and clean and the salsa looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Super pi day because the next two digits of pi are 15....3.1415...

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a great week without anyone sick. Good luck with your play!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just stopping by from Weekly Wrap up. I love all the pictures from your week. I feel like I'm greatly lacking in the picture taking area.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an absolutely incredible week! Your snow photos are simply stunning. I am with you and am SO ready for spring. I would love to come and visit your homeschool. So many wonderful things going on. What is the project with the postcards? Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postcards are part of a series of projects my sister-in-law set up for each of my kids. Alex's challenge was to make and send three postcards during a specific week and she was to send him three postcards during that same week.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.