Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

Snapshot Summary, August 29-September 4 From Staycation to Back to Schoo for Our 19th Year of Homeschooling

An end-of-summer bucket list
source

This week we enjoyed our last days of summer.


We went Letterboxing in Chesapeake City, Maryland.
We had a Fruit and Cheese Tasting.
 We enjoyed grilling and a hot dog bar (with all the fixin's)...
and a Sundae Bar.
We made Mini Shadowbox Summer Memories Fridge Magnets...
while Brenda made this shadowbox at her house.
 We had a candlelight dinner...
lit by the the lanterns we had made. 
And that was the end of Camp Bergenholtz for 2014.

Week 1
 On Tuesday, we began our first day of school for the 2014-2015 school year, our 20th year of homeschooling, with our school cone tradition. We started out with English (The Logic of English, Lesson 1.1: Phonograms and Consonants and Vowels) and Math (Learn Math Fast: Book 1: Adding Multiple Double Digit Numbers and Book 2: Adding Fractions) ...
Sloppy Joe, Macaroni and Cheese, Applesauce and  Sugar Cookie
and then had our school lunch. I had planned to take First Day of School photos at the park, but it was way too hot, so we decided to put them off for a cooler, more fall-like day.
 Art (Drawing) Class
]On Wednesday, we had our first day of Co-op for the year.
Leadership and Team-building Class

Lego moleculesOn Thursday, we completed our English (Logic of English, Lesson 1.2 Spelling) and Math (Learn Math Fast) and then added in some Chemistry. We worked with Legos to demonstrate some of the qualities of molecules. (Post coming on this soon.)

Join me at...

11 comments:

  1. WOW What a fab week you had. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shadowbox magnet idea. How clever! Looks like your camp time was awesome. Love all the ideas you had and the food looks so yummy!

    Great pictures! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Looks like you had a great week and start up of school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds do think alike, Phyllis! I don't think I'd be prepared to start with a full load either. Lego molecules look like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I live with you guys? Fruit & cheese tasting! Yummy! Those shadow boxes are awesome! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much going on! What a great start to school. I love the fruit and cheese tasting. That sound right up my alley.
    blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful memories. I feel warm and happy inside just looking at the photos! I'm looking forward to your Lego chemistry post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How on earth do you fit it all in? Incredible! I'm so glad you had a great start back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that one of the kids in your coop class is wearing a suit and sunglasses, that just makes me smile.

    That and your boys' picture as in the leadership class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Ticia - the Blues Bros look made me smile. And a fruit and cheese tasting...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My comment may not have gone through, so just in case: I love the picture of your boys at leadership class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! What a busy and fun-filled week! You have done so much! :-) Just love the photos. Thanks for linking up with "My Week in Review." I hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/09/my-week-in-review-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.