Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Summer Fun #83: Make Sand Dollar Cookies for a Trip to the Beach

I wanted to make these cute sand dollar cookies from delicious inspiration, but I knew I would have to leave this until the morning we left for the beach, and I didn't have the time to make the delicious dough, so I decided to make a quick version using Pillsbury's Ready To Bake Sugar Cookies.
The only problem was that these cookies are very small, and I could not fit five almond slices on the cookies. If I were to make them again and was pinched for time, I would try a roll of Pillsbury's Refrigerated Sugar Cookies in a roll.
Whatever sugar cookie dough you decide to use, you will also need some... 
egg whites
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
sliced almonds.

After you have your sugar cookie dough, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the circles of raw sugar cookie dough with the egg white, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar and press 5 almond slices into the center of each circle. Bake for 3-4 minutes, then take the sheet out and press the almonds in again, making slight indentations in the circle. Place the sheet back in the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about another 7-10 minutes, or as directed on the cookie directions. 
Now you are all ready to pack them in a sand pail and take them to a picnic at the beach!

sources:

2 comments:

  1. These are SO ADORABLE!! I saw another mom pin these, a mom who recently moved to FL. I bet they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.